Monday, October 08, 2012

Hobart Break

As I mentioned the other day my wife and I visited Tasmania for four days.  She had to work in Hobart for two of the days and I decided to tag along for a bit of a break.  We spent all our time in Hobart.  This blog is just a few details about our trip.


We watched the AFL Grand Final in a pub on the Saturday.  And on the Sunday we visited the fantastic MONA gallery.  It's the best building containing an art gallery/museum I have ever visited.  Here's a couple of photos




And here's a couple more photos from the Monday and Tuesday while I walked the City myself while book hunting (see my next blog).

 Church and old building.  Tassie has some of the oldest preserved buildings in Oz.
 State Parliament House.
Salamanca Place where the famous market is held on Saturdays.
 A vintage neon sign.
 Another old building.

No comments: