Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Almost... But No Cigar

On Sunday my wife and I drove to Farrell's Bookshop in Mornington.  The drive took us over an hour from our home, but it's a great independant store that I've purchased new Bond books from in the past, and Mornington is always a nice place to visit.


I'd already rang the store in advance to confirm they had a copy of "Hurricane Gold" in the Kev Walker cover series.  With just 15 minutes to go until the store closed I found the book sitting on the shop counter waiting for me, I explained I was the person who had rang, the staff member handed it to me and I checked it out before purchasing it.  Job done.  I now had the complete set of this series... or so I thought.

So Sunday night I took a photo of the book for this blog. 


But as I lifted it I felt something strange on the back, and turning it over I noticed a small 3/4 cm tear at one edge, and the pages nearby were damaged.  Spewing !  I'm really not sure how I didn't notice.

Anyway, I rang Farrells yesterday and they said they were sorry and had no problems about me returning it.  And I know it wasn't the fault of Farrell's Bookshop but now I've got to find time to drive back down to Mornington next weekend to return the only copy they had.  And the hunt I thought was over will have to begin again.

The joy of collecting !

No comments: