Thursday, September 22, 2016

New Bookcase + Collecting 007

Almost 30 years ago, when I was still living with my parents, I decided to buy a cabinet to store my burgeoning James Bond book collection.  When it was delivered to our house I remember thinking how huge it was and how I couldn't imagine ever completely filling it.

As my collection grew over the years, so the shelf space in the cabinet gradually disappeared until finally I had to store the books two deep.  And then as my collection increased further the books not only filled the cabinet but also spilt into other bookcases.

After searching for another bookcase to buy, and realising there are few around nowadays, I decided to get a cabinet custom made instead.  I carefully placed my books in plastic containers, sold my old book cabinet and waited for another to be built.  Yesterday the new custom made one was installed.

So along with the photo of it below I'd like to add these fateful words; this book cabinet is huge and I can't imagine ever filling it !

When I've placed all my books in it I'll add another photo, but for the moment I'm just working out how high the glass shelves need to be and how I'm going to organise the books.

On another note, today my Q & A about Collecting 007 was published on The James Bond Dossier website.   If you're interested in reading it please click here.

2 comments:

Tikit said...

Fantastic shelving. Waiting for the photos of the books filed and filling the shelves - and hoping they all fit?

Bazeer Flumore said...

Thanks Tim. I've loaded in most of my books but am still waiting on extra shelving. Fortunately the older Pan books aren't that tall. Fingers crossed anyway !