Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Fantastic Find (Finally !)

On Saturday afternoon I was fortunate to visit Bound Words in Hampton.  It's a great secondhand store with a wide variety of books, and it's always clean and well organised.

As I entered the store Ailsa, who was sitting behind the counter, recognised me, smiled and said "Hi".  She then remarked "Sorry, but I don't think we have any new Bond's on the shelf".  I replied "That's a shame.  I'll have a look anyway... just in case".  And I'm glad I did because there sitting on the shelf was a copy of a book I've been searching for for at least a year.

It was a copy of "From Russia, With Love" published by Pan Books in the early 70's.  There are five books in this Pan White/Model series with a colour logo.  I already had four in the series but the fifth was proving elusive to find in good condition.

So to say I was stoked finding this copy in excellent condition was an understatement !  And as it completed the set I couldn't be happier.  I guess if there's one lesson collecting Bond paperbacks has taught me it's that there's always a book on a shelf somewhere that you don't have yet.

I'm hoping to scan this new addition to my collection and add it to the PizGloria.com website soon.

No comments: