Sunday, April 18, 2021

"Never Say Never Again" Japanese Film Programme

Back in the 1980's my family used to spend two weeks every Summer camping at Wilsons Promontory National Park found at the southern-most point of Victoria here in Oz.  During the Summer of 1983/1984 I remember watching "Never Say Never Again" for the first time at the open-air cinema at "The Prom".  I disliked it simply because there was no gunbarrel opening nor the signature Bond theme.  But this is an "unofficial Bond film".

Over the years my view of "NSNA" has changed.  I know the film has its faults, especially the conclusion of the film with the gunfight scenes in the Tears of Allah cave and the underwater battle, but in my opinion Fatima Blush (Barbara Carrera) proves to be a worthy adversary and it's great to see Sean Connery return to his most famous role for the last time. (I even like the film's theme song !)

So I now consider this film a guilty pleasure of mine and I've been hunting for a reasonably priced original film programme... which I found online in Japan a couple of weeks ago.  Last Friday it arrived in the mail and I couldn't be happier.  Here's some photos from the programme:








And finally a thank you note from the seller:



No comments: