Sunday, May 29, 2016

Surprise City Book Hunt - Part 2

Following on from yesterday's post, today my wife and I spent our second day in the City and visited a few more book stores.

The first was Dymocks on Collins Street where I was looking for the newly released paperback reprint of "Trigger Mortis" by Anthony Horowitz.  No luck though.  I also searched for a Young Bond reprint by Charlie Higson to complete the set and checked out the Bond books in the movie section.


Second we visited Robinson's Bookshop at the Emporium.  No luck here, although I did almost get hit by a wayward ladder.


We then made our way to Elizabeth Street where we checked out Minotaur.

And finally we visited All Star Comics while making our way back to the hotel to check out. I didn't even know this store existed at this location.  Heaps of mags and a lots of collectables but no Bond stuff for me today.

Finally, while in the City we visited the excellent Scorsese Exhibition at ACMI, Fed Square.  Here's some snaps.  I know it would never happen but he would direct a brilliant Bond film.  Perhaps "007 In New York" !

No comments: