Saturday, November 21, 2015

Three John Gardner's Arrive + Young Bond Purchased

After returning from our recent trip overseas I found some parcels sitting on my desk at work.  Tonight I opened them.
  
They contained three John Gardner novels just published by Pegasus in the US: "Cold Fall", "Never Send Flowers" and "Seafire".  These are the last novels in the Dan Mogford US Anniversary series (excluding two movie tie-ins which it seems may never see the light of day: "Goldeneye" and "License To Kill" SIC).  I think the full set looks great and am especially happy these last three have finally been released.

Recently I visited a book store that sells new books, Avenue Bookstore in Elsternwick, and found and purchased another Charlie Higson reprint with the new Young Bond logo.  This is a great book store with heaps of kids and adult books.  Avenue took over these premises from Sunflower Bookshop when they closed around 2011, and they also have a sister store in Albert Park.  These stores are well worth a visit.

This copy of "Double Or Die" brings to three the number of books I now have in this new series.

No comments: