Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A New Year And More Books

A very belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.  Hopefully Santa brought you some cool Bond books and collectables.

Over the Christmas period I managed to take some time off work to relax, and also to do a bit of book hunting.  Hopefully I'll bring you some pics soon which includes buying some cheap Jonathan Capes that I found for sale.

Meanwhile here's some books I received in the post over the holidays.  The first is a hardback first edition of William Boyd's "Solo".  This is the Waterstone's red edition which includes Boyd's own signature and the date of release - "26/9/13".  I've read on other websites how cool the dustjacket and cover is with the addition of the bullet holes, and now holding it in my own hands I couldn't agree more.  It's also great to see the Cape logo on the side again.

I also received a US "Uncorrected Advance Proof" edition of "Blood Fever" by Charlie Higson published by Miramax Books / Hyperion in 2006.  I know I've mentioned this before but as a collector the number of cover variations for the "Young Bond" novels is daunting to say the least.  I'll try and scan this cover and add it to the website ASAP.

No comments: