Monday, December 30, 2013

James Bond Collection In Slipcase

Over the past few months I've seen heaps of ads from overseas on eBay featuring pictures like the one below of the Vintage 007 slipcase set of Bond novels up for sale.  As far as I'm aware this set of books has never been available in retail stores here in Australia...
  
... until now.
I saw this display in a Big W store here in Melbourne.  The set of 14 Fleming novels are also very reasonably priced.  Despite having a price sticker of GBP £111.86 on its base the set is selling at Big W stores for AU $50 which at the current exchange rates is equivalent to US $44.31 or GBP £26.88.

My wife and I visited a few Big W stores this morning before purchasing this set.  The slipcase is sealed in plastic so I haven't had a chance to check if there are still barcodes on the back of the books however the paper stock used for the covers is definitely different to the same cover series already displayed on the PizGloria.com website.  I'll be interested to see if there are any slight cover or colour variations, but regardless it's a great slipcase.
______________________________________________________________________

On a different note yesterday I attended Day 3 of The Ashes match at the MCG between Australia and England.  (We won convincingly today on Day 4).  Anyway, my brother disappeared at lunch and returned with a meat pie and several of the postcards shown below advertising the "Designing 007" exhibition here in Melbourne.  Never thought I'd be returning from the cricket with 007 collectables !  Thanks bro.

No comments: