Monday, March 25, 2013

Three University Book Stalls

Last Thursday I visited La Trobe University in Bundoora for a work seminar.  It's an annual event attended by a few of us from work.  And at the lunch break our tradition is to disappear for a beer at the student pub.  This year as we walked through the campus on our way to the pub we encountered some book stalls, so strangely enough I told the others to continue on while I had a quick look.
It turned out three of the stalls were selling used books.  The first book stall I visited had a Jonathan Cape "The Man With The Golden Gun" for $8 (see photo below middle right with the green and yellow spine).  Unfortunately the silverfish had attacked the dust jacket so I decided against purchasing it.
The next stall had no Bonds, but the last to my surprise had a pile of about fifteen.  I ended up purchasing the "OHMSS" movie-tie in shown below for $3.50.  I already have this cover, but whenever I see the Special Australian Edition of this book I always feel compelled to buy it, although I doubt it's really that rare.
 
And by the way, I did make it to the pub for a beer.  The others got lost so I easily caught them up.  The beer tasted great too, making it even more difficult to return for the rest of the seminar !

No comments: