Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" At Moomba

An annual event since 1955 the Moomba Parade in Melbourne entertains hundreds of thousands of people every year.  This year my wife and I paid it a visit, mainly because of an Ian Fleming link.

"Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" has been playing at the Her Majesty's Theatre now for about two months and as it's a "strictly limited season", only has one month to go.

To celebrate the play, and because Melbourne has become synonymous with the arts, a Moomba float was built with it's centrepiece the "GEN 11".

So on my first visit to the Moomba Parade I managed to grab these snaps:
 
I think it looked great, and as it rested on a gimble it appeared to fly through the cloud beneath it.

Obviously the whole parade is aimed at kids but if you're interested, here's some more photos of other floats.
 



 

No comments: