Saturday, May 08, 2021

James Bond In Echuca

My parents are currently holidaying in the town of Echuca which sits on the banks of the Murray River separating Victoria and New South Wales.  Today they kindly visited Read Heeler Bookshop on High Street for me.

Inside the store the shelves held three Ian Fleming - James Bond novels, all hardbacks.  Two were Book Club Editions of "Diamonds Are Forever" released in the 1960's, unfortunately sans dust jackets.

The third was an Ian Fleming omnibus containing two titles: "Dr. No" and "From Russia, With Love".  I believe this edition was published by Chancellor Press in 1984 and used to feature a dust jacket with an image of Ursula Andress as Honey Rider from the 1962 film "Dr. No".


No books for me today but thanks to my parents for visiting anyway.  Better luck next time and I hope you both enjoy the rest of your holiday on this Mother's Day weekend.

No comments: