Monday, May 10, 2021

Mornington Secondhand Bookshops Visit

Last week I visited Books By The Bay on the Esplanade in Mornington.  Over time I've discovered that this store always has James Bond novels on the shelves and the stock seems to change often.  Today there were nine Ian Fleming titles and six of those were published by Pan Books in the 1960's.  Sure, not pristine copies, but still how could you really complain when they're over 50 years old !  There were also several continuation author titles too so this place is definitely worth a visit if you're a Bond bibiophile.  




There aren't many towns with two second hand book stores nowadays, but Mornington is the exception.  Located on Barkly Street just off the main strip, Chapter House Books sells modern second hand books, many from the U.S..  Unusually there were no Bond novels on the shelves today but I'll be sure to visit again soon.



Finally, while not a second hand book store, I also visited Farrell's Bookshop located on Main Street.  This excellent store sells quality books across a wide range of categories.  I always find an interesting book calling my name on the shelves.



No comments: