Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Grand Designing 007

The other day my wife won free tickets to "Grand Designs Live" in the City.  The exhibition is linked to the UK Channel 4 TV show of the same name hosted by Kevin McCloud who also attended the event.

The exhibition was pretty good and some stands had great ideas.  However the highlight for my wife and I was seeing Kevin live.  We both regularly watch the UK version of "Grand Designs" and often wish we could makeover our own home like they do on the show, so hearing Kevin's ideas on what defines beauty was very interesting (eg. a McMansion in Melbourne and houses in Venice that have moss on the outside and are damp and falling down on the inside).
 

After hearing Kevin speak for an hour we then left the exhibition and walked along the Yarra river toward Fed Square.
 
 
On our way my very observant wife noticed some flags waving in the wind that were promoting the "Designing 007" exhibition opening in just a few days at the Melbourne Museum.  I'm still looking for a tram advertising the event.  I'm sure there's one out there.

No comments: