Monday, October 14, 2024

Three Capes To My Collection

Recently while my parents were travelling through rural Victoria they perchanced upon a small second-hand book store.  Inside they found several Jonathan Cape - Ian Fleming first edition hardbacks for sale.  They quickly rang me to discuss their finds and upon leaving several minutes later had in their possession a first edition "Octopussy And The Living Daylights" from 1966 and a reprint "From Russia With Love" from 1965.  Both have lovely original dust jackets.  

During the same week I also encountered a first edition "The Man With The Golden Gun" from 1965 going cheap at another second-hand book store



Three Jonathan Cape - James Bond novels in one week is highly unusual for me, especially in such good condition.  So it was certainly a great week for my James Bond literary collection.  The three Richard Chopping dust jackets still look fantastic too.

No comments: