Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Rare Hardback Arrives

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a copy of Christopher Wood's "James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me" for sale on the web.  I've been searching for this elusive hardback for years.  So when I found a copy available and read that the book was a 1977 First Edition - Jonathan Cape, NOT ex-library, and the price was just over AU$300 I immediately went about the process of purchasing it.
Today the book arrived in the mail.  It's not perfect but for such a rare book I'm very happy with it.  Plus it's great to finally have it on the shelves between Fleming, Markham and Gardner.

2 comments:

Luke Freeman said...

Terrific purchase. Congrats. Rather jealous, actually.

Doubt you'll get as lucky with "James Bond and Moonraker", but hey, who knows.

Bazeer Flumore said...

Actually Luke, I was very fortunate a couple of years ago to pick up an ex-library edition of "JB and Moonraker". But I have been looking for both these books for many years