Monday, January 22, 2024

One Bond Hunt Ends

I've been searching for the edition of Kim Sherwood's "Double Or Nothing" (shown below) for several months now.  I knew it was available in Australia but strangely there were few copies in book stores around Melbourne.

I first encountered a physical copy at Dymocks in the City, however only one copy existed on the shelves and it was damaged in the top left corner of the front cover.  So I visited many, many more book stores on the hunt for another elusive copy.  When I finally found one at Robinson's Bookshop in Frankston I was disappointed to discover it too was damaged in the top left corner of the cover.  I suspect the books were damaged in transit from the UK.

Tired of travelling book store to book store without success I decided it was time to take an alternate course.  Now I'm well aware I could order this book cheaper online but I'd rather go through the traditional methods when possible.  So I asked Robinson's to order another copy... and it arrived yesterday with a perfect cover.




Here's the existing copy on their shelves.  The cover damage (top left) really is very minor but as I've no plans to read this edition I'd prefer my copy to be in as perfect condition as possible.

Inside Robinson's Bookstore...

And a Bond related title in the sport's section...

I was pleased to finally knock this book off my wants list.  Another Bond hunt ends.

No comments: