Saturday, July 13, 2019

Yarragon Book Fair 2019

My wife and I attended the annual Yarragon Book Fair today to help raise funds for the Country Fire Authority.  Every year we make the hour-and-a-half drive to the small town in Gippsland on the hunt for James Bond novels.  My wife's parents and sister also travelled with us to stock up on their year's worth of reading.  With paperbacks selling for $1 and hardbacks for $2 how could anyone not find a bargain !

There was heavy rain on the roads so we took the drive cautiously, concerned the wet and cold weather could affect one of the town's biggest weekends of the year.


But when we entered the hall we were pleased to see so many people had also safely made the same journey for such a good cause.

As usual there were two large rooms filled with thousands of books...

and in amongst them we managed to find the following Bond novels:

There were also these two books which I purchased.  As seems to be the norm nowadays I already own these covers but they were in such good condition I could hardly refuse to bring them home.

After scouring all the books we then had a delicious lunch at the local pub.  I also couldn't resist grabbing a piece of carrot cake from the bakery.

So another great day at Yarragon, and for anyone interested the fair continues tomorrow until 5pm.

No comments: