Saturday, April 20, 2013

Melbourne International Comedy Festival Again + Two Op Shop Visits

My wife and I visited the City again last week to see another gig at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.  On the way to the venue we walked past an electronic store and I took this photo of the entrance.  The latest James Bond film for purchase on DVD and Blu-Ray was being prominantly promoted.
The same electronic store had this free in-store mag which I picked up.

Before reading about my two Op Shop visits below, here's some non-Bond related pics I took during our walk to the comedy venue.  I love the City at night.

Flinders Street Station at about 6:40pm.


We then visited Hosier Lane next door to the Forum Theatre famous for it's graffitti.  I don't usually like graffitti but this art is very impressive.  This laneway is often used as a location for wedding and tourist photos.

 Detail of the woman's face above.

Detail of the graffitti above.


I like this style of art too.  There were a few examples of this in the laneway.  I know the famous graffitti artist Banksy has visited Melbourne in the past, although I doubt any of the art shown here is his own.

Fed Square over the road at night.

And the venue, the Forum Theatre again.  This is the same venue we visited at the other day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Then last weekend I visited a strip of shops in Bentleigh where there are plenty of Op (Opportunity) Shops.  These are also known as Thrift or Charity Shops.  Here's some photos of two.
This Op Shop only had one Bond, a Higson Young Bond.

 
The second Op Shop had a number of Bond paperbacks as you can see above.  These books were well categorised so I had to move them about to take this photo of the 7 Bonds above.  I actually took one photo, then found another Bond and took the photo again, then another Bond and so on so this is the fourth photo I think. Unfortunately I had them all though.

1 comment:

24live-sports said...

Thanks very much for your large information .And knowledge full description . I think it is Sus a topic that many kinds of people face many problems. thanks for this. seo Melbourne