Thursday, July 18, 2019

Sabers Books + Melbourne Movie Market

Apologisies for the lateness of this blog entry but on the day of the Australian federal election, Saturday, May 18, I visited Chapel Street in St. Kilda and Windsor on my constant quest for James Bond books.

First I visited Penny Syber's Secondhand Books.  I was dismayed to see "Moving Sale" painted on the shop front however after speaking to Penny I learnt the store is moving to Glenferrie Road in Malvern near the tram depot.

I'm sure the many friendly residents of the store will be in for a shock too.

I managed to find these Bond novels but had to let them go.  I wish Penny lots of luck in her new store and will visit ASAP.

I've attended every Melbourne Movie Market at The Astor Theatre since they began a few years ago.  My wife and I even had a stall one time and made a dismal $85 profit (anything was better than nothing though).

As usual the market is spread over two levels with about 30 stalls.

One stall in particular caught my interest as it had an entire row of Bond novels.

I ended up purchasing this nice hardback of John Gardner's "The Man From Barbarossa".  

The day may not have ended with the election result we all expected, but at least I managed to find a book I didn't already have.

No comments: