Wednesday, July 04, 2018

A Couple More Additions

In the last week I've acquired two new James Bond books for my collection.  One I received in the mail.  The other was a surprise discovery during a routine visit to Dymocks bookshop in the City.

The first book which arrived from the UK was a hard back copy of "Forever And A Day" written by Anthony Horowitz and published by Jonathan Cape.  This edition is sold exclusively by Goldsboro Books, has blue edges, includes the author's signature and is limited to just 750 copies.  It's a lovely copy and is the third copy I now own of this title.  My previous blog entry includes the other two.

The second book was a paperback version of Ian Fleming's "Dr No" published by Vintage Books.  It was reprinted as part of a new "Heroes And Villians" series.  The cover is a little unusual, as is the size of the book, but it looks great when shown with other matching covers from different authors.  This is the only Bond title included in this set.

And finally, here's a photo of the entrance to the City Dymocks store which is undergoing renovations and I might say already looking great.  I was in the City with my wife and sister-in-law to see a fantastic performance of "The Wizard Of Oz" at the Regent Theatre.  No relevance to James Bond but I've included some photos anyway.

No comments: