Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Good & The Bad

I've been searching for a trade size edition of Kate Westbrook's "The Moneypenny Diaries - Secret Servant", published by John Murray in 2006, for several years now.  So when I discovered a secondhand bookstore in Queensland (Lawnton Books) had a copy I immediately purchased it.  The book arrived in the mail today.  It's the first new Bond cover I'll be adding to PizGloria.com in 2018.

Earlier today I visited "Out Of Print Books etc" in Caulfield and found that the store is closing down as the owner, Ken, is retiring. I've been visiting Ken's store for over a decade and have purchased many books from him. I'm very happy for Ken but it's still sad to lose another secondhand book store in Melbourne.

When I visited today the usual pile of Bond paperbacks had already been sold. However I uncovered a copy of Kate Westbrook's "The Moneypenny Diaries - Guardian Angel", published by John Murray in 2005. I already had this book in my collection but this copy was in too good condition to refuse.  Ken also allowed me to take a couple of photos of inside his store for posterity's sake.


To celebrate his retirement Ken has discounted all his stock by 50%. Congrats Ken and all the best for the future.

So overall some good and bad news, and by a strange coincidence I acquired two trade size "Moneypenny Diaries" paperbacks on the same day.

No comments: