Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Book Hunt Two

Last weekend I visited the Bookhouse on Fitzroy Street, St Kilda.  I haven't visited this second hand book store in years.  It's a really neat store with an eclectic array of books that suits the St Kilda culture.  The owner, Ben, is a friendly bloke up for a chat, and there's also a great website to browse the store online.
There's an interesting glass display cabinet at the back of the store.  I contains heaps of photographs and letters that the owner of the store explained he'd found in the books acquired for sale.  I'd never thought about the fact that bookmarks take many forms, and often those bookmarks could be accidentally left in an old book that eventually makes its way to a second hand book store.  One letter was even from the wife of a past Australian Prime Minister, Hazel Hawke, wife of Bob who was leader of the Australian Labor Party from 1983 to 1991.
And finally, to the Bond paperbacks.  Among the Mystery/Thriller section near the back of the store were 3 Bond paperbacks.  I did have them all, but I have to remember to visit this store again more often.

No comments: