Tuesday, February 28, 2023

More James Bond Collectables

Here's some recent additions to my James Bond collection.

The first is a 7 inch vinyl single of Rita Coolidge performing "All Time High".  This was the theme song for the 1983 Bond film "Octopussy" starring Roger Moore and Maud Adams.   Last November I purchased a 7 inch single of the rival (non-EON) Bond film from the same year, "Never Say Never Again" performed by Lani Hall.  I'm very pleased to now have both of these singles in my vinyl collection.



The second addition is a dust wrapper for the UK book club edition (BCE) of Ian Fleming's "Thunderball" published in 1961.  Another Australian Bond collector had this dust wrapper for sale and I quickly snapped it up.  I have several BCE copies of "Thunderball" however one was damaged by silverfish a few years ago, so now I have a replacement copy.  Hopefully silverfish won't damage this wrapper as well.

No comments: