Saturday, April 24, 2021

City Basement Books Visit

I'm currently relaxing with a beer while waiting for friends at the Transport Bar at Fed Square in the City.  

Prior to arriving here I made a quick visit to City Basement Books on Flinders Street.  For a second I was concerned the book store could have closed as I hadn't visited since late 2019, prior to the Melbourne Covid lockdown which affected, and still affects, many businesses. Fortunately the "Open" sign was still displayed on the front door.


On entry and after descending down the stairs I was pleased to see the store was quite busy.  As I had limited time I immediately made my way to Fleming and then Gardner.  There were no Ian Fleming titles on the shelf but I did notice one Anthony Horowitz and three John Gardner's.  Sadly nothing new for me today but I'll return again soon.



No comments: