Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Two More Bond Books Acquired

I've just managed to purchase two more Bond books.  The first is a US proof copy published by Harper Collins of "Trigger Mortis" by Anthony Horowitz.  I've been trying to find a copy of this book for several months now.

I had the second book on order at Thesaurus Books for a couple of months and fortunately it's arrived.  This omnibus published by Vintage contains the same three titles as "The Blofeld Trilogy" published by Penguin in 2010 ("Thunderball", "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and "You Only Live Twice"), but the title change suggests this book will be the closest thing we'll get to a movie tie-in for the latest Daniel Craig - James Bond film "Spectre".  It even has an introduction by Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. 

The cover image is also reminiscent of the Vintage 007 Series.  So far I've been unable to identify the cover artist though.

And finally, for those readers interested enough to read the whole of this blog entry, these two additions bring to total number of covers displayed on PizGloria.com to 599 !

2 comments:

teeritz said...

599 is a lot of books! Not sure how many Bond novels I have, but since I have multiple copies of the Fleming paperbacks (for the different cover arts), I'm sure my collection is out of control.
I'll have a better idea in the next couple of months as I build a few bookshelves for the study. I'm looking forward to having them all back on shelves. My plan is to make a special shelf just for the Bonds.
I hope it'll be wide enough!

Bazeer Flumore said...

I've seen photos on your blog of the shelves you've built. They look great. Looking forward to seeing a photo with your Bond books on them